There are many ways that you can help the Aggieland Humane Society.
Are you interested in getting involved in your community? One of the most rewarding places to volunteer is the animal shelter. The Aggieland Humane Society is always in need of volunteers whether you are able to spend a few hours a week, come in once a month or stop by daily. Volunteers are required to volunteer at least 2 hours a month. Not only can you volunteer at the shelter, but you could help to foster animals that are not ready for adoption. These animals may need medical assistance or are just too young to adopt out. Other ways to volunteer are helping with seasonal events like Wienerfest, or ongoing projects like the PetSmart mobile adoption.
Step One: Fill out the volunteer application below.Step Two: Attend a volunteer orientation.*PLEASE NOTE: Beginning January 1, 2013 we will be charging a one-time fee of $20.00 for Court Appointed Community Service. This fee includes an Aggieland Humane Society T-Shirt as well as volunteer insurance. This fee will be required prior to orientation, so please bring your receipt as proof.
Community Volunteer Orientation
- Tuesday at 5:30pm
- Wednesday at 5:30pm
- For more information, please view our Community Volunteer Page
Court Appointed Volunteer Orientation
- Thursday at 12:30pm
- Thursday at 4:00pm
- For more information, please view our Court Appointed Volunteer Page
- If you have previously volunteered for the shelter, please click here.
Minors & Volunteering
- 18 Years or Older – This age group is free to volunteer (without consent). All interested must attend an orientation prior to volunteering.
- 16 – 17 Years Old – This age group is permitted to volunteer with guardian consent. The volunteer and guardian must both be present at the orientation. Once the orientation is complete the volunteer may complete hours without the guardian’s supervision.
- 9 – 15 Years – This age group is permitted to volunteer at the shelter if a guardian present. The guardian and volunteer must attend an orientation prior to volunteering and all hours complete must be with the guardian present.
- If you are interested in Fostering our pets, please view the information about Foster Care.