Wiener Fest Wiener Races
Rules and Regulations
All dogs MUST have a current Rabies Vaccination. Records are required and a copy must be sent in with your registration. If you register on site the day of the race, you will need to have a copy of the Rabies Certificate with you in order to register. No race assignments will be made until shot records are received.
- Racers MUST be a Dachshund; although they do not have to be AKC registered. No mix breeds will be allowed. Wiener Fest Officials have the right to disqualify any dog if there is a question of the breed.
- No smoking is allowed on the premises.
- May bring your dog’s favorite toy.
- No food (human or dog food) allowed in racetrack area.
- No other pets are allowed in racetrack area.
- All dogs MUST be on a leash when not racing.
- Owners are required to clean up after their dog,
- No one is allowed to sell any animals at the event.
- Dogs should be on their best behavior (i.e. no fighting or biting).
- Only one owner in the racetrack area.
- No waving blankets or other large items at the start of race.
- 1st & 2nd place dogs from each preliminary race qualify for the finals, which will be held on Sunday afternoon!