If you are interested in adopting or meeting a pet, please first submit your adoption application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please allow our team 24 hours to review and approve your application. Our Customer Service Team will contact you once your application is approved. You can find the application below.
Please note: only those with approved adoption applications will be able to meet with pets.
This first step to adopting a pet is filling out an adoption application. Applicants interested in pets must be approved before being able to place a hold on or adopt the pet that they are interested in. Adoptions are first-come, first served, based on an approved application. Please print, scan and email or fax your completed application back to us, or bring it by our Welcome Center.
Send Application via Fax to the following number:
– OR –
Send Application via Email to:
- All pets are spayed or neutered prior to adoption
- First vaccinations (DHLPP or FVRCP)
- Deworming (Strongid-T)
- Heartworm test for dogs over 6 months
- Flea Control
- 24-Hour Petwatch Microchip (includes International Registration)
- Coupon for a Free General Physical
- Coupons for local pet stores, local businesses,
grooming, and obedience training
- Coupons for local pet stores, local businesses,
- Gift of 30 days of pet health insurance from 24 Hour Petwatch
1. All dogs that will grow over 25 pounds require a fenced yard if they will live in the Bryan/College Station city limits. You can write an application letter if you feel as though you will be able to meet a larger dog’s needs even though you do not have a yard.
2. Apartment residents will need to write an application letter if they desire to adopt a dog that will exceed 25lbs. We strongly recommend that apartment residents adopt small dogs under 25lbs.
3. A staff member will need to verify that your landlord allows pets. Depending on your landlord’s policies, pet deposits may need to be paid before the animal goes home.
4. You will need to provide proof that all dogs and cats living with the adopting family are current on their rabies vaccinations. If you live in Brazos County, any dogs, cats or ferrets you own must have current Brazos County tags.
For those in need of organic pest control and willing to provide a home to cats who aren’t quite right for house pets.
For Rescue Groups interested in an animal. Applications must be approved in order to transfer an animal.
Looking to adopt a pit bull or chow? You’ll need to fill out this addendum.
For those in apartments or houses that do not have a yard.
For hamsters, birds, livestock, etc.
Adult Dogs $95
Adult Cats $50
Breed Ambassadors $150
How do I adopt a pet from the Aggieland Humane Society?
Visit our available pets online (updated daily). Next, please first submit your adoption application via email to email@example.com. Please allow our team 24 hours to review and approve your application. Our Customer Service Team will contact you once your application is approved.
Once approved, come to our shelter or one of our mobile adoption events.
What kind of dogs/cats do you have?
The Aggieland Humane Society can receive up to 20 animals a day. Animals come into the building daily, so keep checking for new pets. This makes for a good selection of companions to choose from!
I’m looking for a purebred dog/cat. Who can help me find one?
We receive purebred dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens at our shelters, and you are welcome to come down at any time and look at our selection. If you want a particular breed, and we do not have it at the time, you may also fill out a Breed Request to be placed on a waiting list. You may also check out Petango.com
Does the Aggieland Humane Society have other animals for adoption besides dogs and cats?
Occasionally! We offer other animals for adoption such as pigs, chickens, ducks, rabbits, ferrets, hamsters, and mice. All of these adoptable animals can be seen on our Adopt Other pages when they are available. Livestock and pocket pets require a separate adoption application (this process is different from adopting a dog, cat or pocket pet). You may complete this application in advance on our Other Animal Application (PDF).
What forms of payment will you accept?
We accept cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
Can you hold an animal for me?
We only hold animals with an approved application for a 24-hour time period to help you to make the decision to adopt or not adopt. We do not hold animals or take payment over the phone to reserve or adopt animals. We adopt strictly on a first come, first serve basis. Please note that animals may not be adopted for other people.
Can I decide not to have my animal spayed/neutered?
No. Any animal that is released from an animal shelter must be spayed or neutered under Texas law.
If I wanted information on training, how could I get that?
Please visit https://aggielandhumane.org/services/resources/